Wednesday 5 March 2014

First Impression: Lush Happy Happy Joy Joy Conditioner

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about Lush's Happy Happy Joy Joy Conditioner! I was given this sample at the same time as I received my Big sample. The Lush ladies recommended this conditioner as the perfect follow up to the amazing Big Shampoo!

What Does It Do?
"Happy Happy Joy Joy, so good we named it twice. Start spreading the news – you need this today. If you want beautifully perfumed hair that turns heads." (1) "Finally, another vegan conditioner! A rose water, orange blossom water and almond milk base soften, beautify and condition hair. It works wonderfully on bleached and over-processed hair, and on everyone else too as it is rich and moisturizing, but doesn't weigh hair down. Orange flower absolute, rosewood and grapefruit oils perfume your hair to make you feel Happy Happy all day long." 

Features;
Light and Creamy : It's moisturizng and conditioning, but not quite as thick as the other conditioners.
It's Vegan! Our vegan friends have been asking us for another conditioner for a while, so we made this one in addition to Veganese
So good, we named it twice! This conditioner has such a cheerful perfume, and makes our hair so soft and silky that we had to name it Happy Happy Joy Joy!" (2)
I was really on the fence with this conditioner. As usual, I needed to condition my headful of hair twice to get the moisture I needed, but it just didn't work as well for me as a regular conditioner would. I always brush my hair before getting into the shower, and I give it a gentle (wide-tooth) comb after my first wash of conditioner, but I had a lot of tangles while using Happy Happy Joy Joy. It also didn't have a stronger scent than my regular shampoo and conditioner did, and using it with Big, meant that Big's scent overpowered Happy Happy Joy Joy, which I think is weird because Happy Happy Joy Joy is marketed as a perfumed conditioner.
Edit: I talked to the Lush ladies, and they said that it didn't de-tangle my hair because it doesn't contain Lanolin (made from sheep's wool). If it had Lanolin, it wouldn't be Vegan, but it's also marketed towards finer hair so I guess this just isn't a very good product for me!

 Would I Purchase This Product?
Maybe. Happy Happy Joy Joy is a great conditioner, don't get me wrong, but I have very dry hair ends and this just doesn't give me enough moisture to warrant spending almost $30NZD on a bottle. (Also because I went through the conditioner very fast so it's just not very financially viable for me at the moment.) I might grab one of the small bottles and give it a good second chance with a more moisturizing shampoo! If you are looking for a light, vegan conditioner, go over to Lush and grab a tester of Happy Happy Joy Joy!

4 comments:

  1. Good review, though truth be told I'm not a big fan of Lush products in general. Their bath bombs are lots of fun, but 99% of their skincare products are hell for sensitive skin. Sorry to hear the conditioner didn't work super well for you ):

    kittencuddler.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no! Sad to hear it's not good for sensitive skin! :C I haven't tried their face products yet, but now I'll definitely just get sample size to avoid wasting money! :S
      I'm pretty sure it's the lack of Lanolin that made my hair freak out, just got a tester of American Cream (non-vegan) and it's gorgeous!

      Delete
    2. I agree with Laura...I just think the majority of the products suck because a lot of things marketed towards vegans etc don't have the ingredients they seriously need to be good. I like the bath bombs, but I won't be purchasing any other lush products more than likely.

      Delete
    3. Hmm I totally get what you guys mean! I definitely get guilt-tripped into buying products through the anti-animal cruelty, (just melts my heart hearing about poor little animals) but I probably won't buy the Vegan products again, (apart from the Veganese conditioner review coming in 2 weeks).

      By the way, what happened to the asianbeauty forum? Has it moved, or just gone? :S

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...