Wednesday 18 June 2014

Review: Etude House Rose Drawing Show Creamy Pencil; Creamy Romance

Hello Princesses!

Today's (probably really boring) review is going to be about the Etude House - Rose Drawing Show Creamy Pencil in Creamy Romance. I talked about my first impression of the product in my Rose Rose Shop, The Tragedy Edition post, and I won't hold you in suspense for a change of heart - because 6 months later I still feel the same about this product (and it's not a great feeling).

I think if I could sum up this product in one sentence it would be; so cute, but terribly disappointing. This was my first impression of the product which I wrote in November, but published in April.  

I'm actually not a fan of this product :C I find it very difficult to use around my eyes because the pencil isn't soft or creamy, so it feels like it's tugging and tearing at my soft eye area which is just not pleasant. However, the packaging is absolutely gorgeous!

I purchased this pencil from RoseRoseShop for $6USD. I was first attracted to the product by it's gorgeous packaging and product colour (I'm a sucker for cute packaging) but I made the number one mistake of the Beauty Blogger - which is not checking other bloggers reviews before purchasing products. I was SO drawn in by the cute packaging that I didn't realize that almost every other blogger's review on this product was negative.

The eyeliner is really difficult to apply because the texture just isn't soft or creamy enough to be gently applied to your delicate eye area. Forget about putting this on your waterline - it was actually painful for me. The glitters tend to chunk up and look uneven and un-attractive.

What I Love
- Cute Packaging
- Gorgeous colour


What I Don't Love
- Terrible formula
- Hard to apply
- Tugs on delicate under eye area
- Looks chunky and unpleasant


Final Thoughts
I'm so so disappointed in this product. I think this is the first Etude House product that I have disliked, (which I think is still quite impressive!), but I feel comforted that I'm not the only person that had trouble with this product. It's just not soft or creamy enough to be placed around the eye area without a little bit of pain. It really is a pity, because the packaging and the product colour are just so gorgeous!

After reading other beauty bloggers reviews, I've decided that even though I hated using this pencil, I might try the burgundy colour, because the other shades are a lot creamier than this one (probably because they don't have glitter in them!).

What do you Princesses think about this pencil? Is the cute packaging worth the delicate eye pain?

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm sorry this pencil didn't work for you! But i know what you mean about buying stuff without looking at reviews. >.< I do that all the time! But thankfully, the products I decide on aren't that bad. >.< Thanks for the review!

    Love, Aimee

    My Blog | Recent Blog Post - DIY Nail Polish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this pencil too!
    It is terribly disappointing ㅠㅠ It's so drying, really tugged my eyes & breaks so easily *cry* It's such a shame because the colour is so gorgeous. It's somewhere at the back of my vanity now ;^;

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry this pencil is such a bummer, you should try the holikaholika jewel light waterproof pencils! I have 8, 16, 17,and 19. They all go on as smooth as a urban decay pencil and have good stay power and they have pretty cute packaging! And they are only $4.12 each at rose rose shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought most people like this eyeliner, especially etude house being quite good with their eyeliners! :O i was actually quite interested in this pencil but i guess your review helps me to save my money! hehe

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...