Friday 12 December 2014

First Impressions - LUSH Let The Good Times Roll

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about another LUSH fresh cleanser - Let The Good Times Roll! This cleanser is similar to my all-time favourite cleanser from LUSH; Angels On Bare Skin, so I thought I would give it a go to see if it would equal the holy grail status of Angels!
 What Is It?
"A luxuriously soft and sweetly-scented cleanser, Let The Good Times Roll has quickly become a huge fan favorite. Maize flour, corn meal and a dash of cinnamon powder gently exfoliate and leave you with a vibrant glow, and lightly hydrating corn oil helps skin to retain its moisture and elasticity. With its rich butter-caramel fragrance and velvety texture, no wonder this one is so popular!


Features

  • Rub me all over: It’s gentle enough for everyday cleansing, so pop some in the shower to use all over.
  • Don’t take a bite! If you’re tempted, try our edible Popcorn Lip Scrub instead: it shares the same sweet aroma!
  • Best used fresh Our cleanser rolls are preservative-free, so be sure to use it up by the best before date on your pot.

Contains: Maize flour (Zea mays), Glycerine, Talc, Water (Aqua), Corn oil (Zea mays), Polenta, Cinnamon Powder (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Perfume, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Popcorn (1)
This cleanser is much more exfoliating than Angles on Bare Skin, and not gentle or soothing enough for everyday use, which are the qualities that I enjoy in Angels! It smells like the most delicious, buttery popcorn (the exact same smell as the popcorn lip scrub), but also has little chunks of actual corn in it which are really abrasive and I really disliked that aspect too.

This cleanser feels very harsh on my skin, even if I use the gentlest pressure possible. I would only be able to use this cleanser once or twice a week, and by the time the product expires I wouldn't be halfway through the tub. I rarely use natural products after their expiry date because I don't want weird stuff happening to my face, it's weird enough as it is.


Would I Purchase This Product?
No. I wasn't particularly fond of this cleanser, I didn't think it did anything that I couldn't find in any other product that doesn't expire in a couple of months. That being said, if you're after a good, natural, cruelty free exfoliator that you would use often enough to use up a tub after a couple of months - this could be a very good option for you! ^.^

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why, but when I read the description I thought about the taste... then right after I read that I shouldn't take a bite! Maybe if the container was smaller it would be better. Now that Lush is back to Brazil, I'm looking for products to try, thanks for this review! ^^

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...