Friday 12 June 2015

First Impression: Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Skincare

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about a couple of products from Skinfood's Platinum Grape Cell line! I had two of each samples, which equals about 3 days worth of usage. I received these samples when I shopped at an actual store in Taipei in February! ^.^

What Does It Do? 
Platinum Grape Cell Toner
"A premium toner containing visible platinum particles and grape cells that provide intensive firming treatment for aging skin.

[Grape Cell Story] Extracted from the Gamay grapes, our grape cells help regenerate skin cells, firming skin from the inside out.
[Platinum Story] Platinum is one of the purest and rarest metals in the world. With excellent antioxidant effects, Platinum is used for Food, Medical, Cosmetics and etc.
                 
After cleansing, dispense an ample amount into the palm and smooth on the face in gentle rolling motions." (1)

This toner has teeny specks of "platinum" in it (not sure if it's actually platinum) and is quite hydrating for a toner. It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry, but it also feels quite clean which is good! I don't think this platinum infused toner is necessary, but it's quite nice anyway!
Platinum Grape Cell Emulsion
"A dual-tasking emulsion that evens out skin tones and firms skin from within with grape cell extract and colloidal platinum for a healthier, firmer appearance.
 

[Grape Cell Story] Extracted from the Gamay grapes, our grape cells help regenerate skin cells, firming skin from the inside out.
[Platinum Story] Platinum is one of the purest and rarest metals in the world. With excellent antioxidant effects, Platinum is used for Food, Medical, Cosmetics and etc.
                 
After toner or serum application, dispense an ample amount into the palm and apply onto the face in gentle upward and outward motions."
(1)
This emulsion is moderately thick and just a little sticky. It absorbs moderately fast for me, but I have read reviews where the bloggers complained that it stayed very sticky and tacky on their skin for a long time. This product makes my skin feel quite nourished, but I'm not sure if I like this in conjunction with the Essence, or the products by themselves.



Platinum Grape Cell Essence
"A premium anti-aging essence containing grape cells and platinum particles that brighten and firm aging skin from the inside out.

[Grape Cell Story] Extracted from the Gamay grapes, our grape cells help regenerate skin cells, firming skin from the inside out.
[Platinum Story] Platinum is one of the purest and rarest metals in the world. With excellent antioxidant effects, Platinum is used for Food, Medical, Cosmetics and etc.
                 
After toner application, dispense an ample amount into the palm and apply onto the face in gentle upward and outward motions. Using both palms, pat and press gently onto the face for faster absorption."
(1)
This Essence is quite thick and definitely left a stick/tacky feeling on my skin after it absorbed. Again, I'm not sure if I like this product by itself, or in conjunction with the Emulsion, because both of these products made my skin feel very nourished and hydrated. Since I usually wear a moisturizer over the top of the Essence and Emulsion I don't end up with sticky feeling skin, so it doesn't bother me too much!


Would I Purchase These Products?
I would quite like to try the Emulsion and Essence again, perhaps I will hunt for the 10x sample sachets on Roseroseshop before I purchase them full price (because I have a ridiculous amount of skincare, but no serum/essence products!). I think the toner is a little unnecessary, but I really liked how my skin felt when I used the Essence and Emulsion! I'm not sure how or if the platinum in these products is real platinum or if it actually does anything for my skin (like the Gold Caviar line) but the packaging is cute, it made my skin feel nourished and hydrated without making my face slick with oil in the mornings! ^.^

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try the essence & emulssion, looks really nice :D Thanks for your impression :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of samples from that line and according to your quick review it is time to try them out soon :) Thanks for the quick impression.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...