Wednesday 28 October 2015

Review: MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner; Cockiness

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Limited Edition MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in Cockiness from the Riri Loves MAC Collection! This is supposed to be a shimmery rose gold with a Frost finish colour, but there are other colours available still that are not Limited Edition, so I hope this review is still somewhat helpful! ^.^
"A liquid liner so slick it almost describes itself. Water-based, water- resistant, quick and precise to apply. Sets in 60 seconds to provide a sleek, long-wearing, wet-looking, no-smudge line. The superior no-fuss, no-wobble application lies in the "magic tip" of the easy-to-control dip-stick applicator.

Long-wearing, 15 hours
Smudge-resistant
Water-resistant
Ophthalmologist tested
Safe for contact lens wearers"(1)
This eye liner has a lovely precise tip that flexes without being completely soft and floppy. I find that I only use the very tip of this applicator, and the glitter doesn't run down the tip so I need to dip this back into the pot a couple of times for each eye which is really quite tedious.
This colour is supposed to be a shimmery rose gold, but for all intensive purposes it's really a light copper until the light is shined directly onto it (which is not often). The left swatch is 2-3 applications, and the right swatch is what you get on one application. Since the eye liner has such a thin consistency, once the glitter has been used there really is no colour to the eye liner base.

I tried to use it as an Aegyo Sal tear liner, but it feels quite drying and tight when layered too many times. It also looks a little odd because it's quite dark, usually an Aegyo Sal highlight would be brightening.
It looks quite cute as a stand alone eye liner, but as you can probably tell from the photos I had to take these with external lighting as it doesn't really show up during day time at all! It's also hard to build up a solid line because I have to re dip so many times.
It looks pretty cute as a double eye liner with a super thin black line, but like I've said before, it's hard to build up the liner without over doing it and making it feel tight and dry, and to also get a solid line.


What I Love
- Super cute packaging
- Pretty colour in direct lighting
- Long lasting, no smudging flaking or fading


What I Don't Love
- Colour isn't very bold in normal lighting
- More copper than rose gold
- Quite expensive considering how much you use for each application 
- Tip doesn't hold much glitter, need to re-dip the applicator 2-3 times per eye
Final Thoughts
Although this eye liner has adorable packaging, I really don't think you missed out on too much if you didn't pick it up! It's actually pretty hard to control the amount of product being applied when you're constantly dipping the brush back into the liquid. I was expecting it to be a little lighter too, there's not too much difference between copper and rose gold, but this is definitely copper! It's cute in the right lighting, but most of the time you can't even tell I'm wearing a glitter eye liner, and for over $40NZD I would really expect to be able to see it.

I would definitely recommend this eye liner for any Princesses who are after a sheer, copper glitter eye liner! ^.^

4 comments:

  1. If you want a cheaper glitter liner, Chi Chi does amazing ones. I have their green and black ones, and if you pop them over a black line, then they are super opaque and glittery! I've also heard good things about the NYX glitter liners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh those are great recommendations, thank you!

      Delete
    2. On a side note, have you tried any of Chi Chi's lipsticks? I haven't used mine in awhile, and today I put on Husband Shopping (a bright purple) and I remembered how much I love them. Definitely recommend them!

      Delete
    3. Hmm no I actually haven't! I don't wear lipstick that often and they have such a big variety I never ended up trying them

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...