Monday 22 February 2016

Fail or Holy Grail: Innisfree Green Tea Mint Fresh Scalp Scaler

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Innisfree Green Tea Mint Fresh Scalp Scaler! I purchased this recently and it's quickly escalated into a product that is a true Holy Grail for me and something that I will just keep re-purchasing unless something else comes out that I think is better.  This isn't something that I can find at all in the Western world of beauty, but something I desperately needed.

"What it is
A scalp treatment made from Jeju green tea and mint that refreshes the scalp.

1. Mint formulation for sebum control
Mint formulation (mint oil + mint extract) that controls excessive scalp sebum. The rich lather thoroughly removes residue from your hair and scalp.

2. Bermagot, lemon, and orange essential oil treats the scalp, leaving it fresh and clean.

3. A non-sticky and liquid based scale remover, formulated for massaging into your scalp.
How to use

1. Evenly apply onto your scalp.
2. Depending on the condition of your scalp, leave the formula in for 3-5 minutes and then use your fingertips to gently massage it into your scalp.
3. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
4. Wash with 1.5 times more shampoo than usual and then thoroughly rinse the shampoo out.
5. (Use 1-2 times per week)


Ingredients
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Alcohol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Menthol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Butylene Glycol"(1)

This scalp scaler comes in three tubes that contain four applications. These are packaged really well in a solid squeezy nozzle tipped tube, and there are markings on the side to show you how much to use on each side of your head!
This is what my hair and scalp looked like before I started using this scalp treatment. It's not pretty, I'm not going to lie! I have heaps of product build up and dandruff. This is a combination of acne medication as well as me being lazy and not having my hair cut/washed at a hair salon in over a year. Though I used Head n Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo I just couldn't rid my scalp of this flakiness, and even straight after washing my hair I could itch my scalp and I would have a bunch of white gunk under my nails. (Gross). This photo shows what my scalp looks like after 7 days of no wash which is my usual. It's not that oily, but oh my goodness it's like a disgusting snow city.
This is what my scalp looked like immediately after using this scalp treatment and drying my hair. It looks so good, I honestly couldn't believe how super soft my hair felt, it felt so clean and fresh, like that fresh just washed my hair at the hairdresser and they gave me a sweet relaxing massage feel. You know the one.
I find this treatment so easy to use, I part my hair into three sections, and use a rat tail comb to section through my hair and apply this to the scalp. Make sure not to apply it to the lengths of your hair because it's SUPER stripping (which is great for my scalp, but not for my bleached ends!). I like to apply an oil to the lengths of my hair before I get into the shower so that when I wash this scalp scaler out, the ends of my hair stay nice and protected. This scalp scaler does make my my scalp feel tingly and cool which was kinda terrifying the first time because I mistook the coolness for burning and flipped out, but even after being washed out of my hair it still feels super cool and fresh which I love!


What I Love
- Inexpensive at $27NZD for 12 applications ($2.25 per application)
- Works amazingly well
- Makes hair super soft and clean
- Eliminated my dandruff
- So easy to use
- Helps control oil in hair
- Makes my scalp feel so cool and fresh 


What I Don't Love
- Nothing!


Final Thoughts
I can't believe how well this works for my hair and I don't know how I lived life without it before! It means that I can stretch my hair washing schedule out for another couple of days which means that I also save money on haircare, it makes my hair super silky and soft and it eliminated my dandruff. I cannot recommend it enough, and though I will probably always love it since it makes my scalp feel tingly cool and fresh, I will be trying other scalp scalers to see how they compare because I am OBSESSED.

I would 100% recommend this to any Princesses who feel that their hair gets oily quite quickly, and want to give their scalp a super cleanse because this product is even better than a sweet hairdresser scalp massage. Truly!

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. This looks really impressive! I have read so many raving reviews about this and the Lador scaling treatment that now I think I need one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, cease using Head & Shoulders shampoo!
    A couple years ago, I had extreme problems with product buildup even though I didn't use anything besides shampoo and conditioner. As I was getting my hair cut, my hairstylist did a strand test with her scissors by scraping them along my hair. She scraped off what looked like pre-chewed gum.
    Head & Shoulders causes MASSIVE amounts of buildup and it can lead to premature balding as it is very harsh on the scalp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this product, and it made my hair horrendously STICKY after washing! Perhaps I'm not doing it right - but I absolutely do not like having sticky hair! The minty feeling is nice though.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...