Friday 29 April 2016

First Impression: Etude House Moistful Super Collagen Special Skin Care Set

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House Moistfull Super Collagen Special Skin Care Set! I was given this as a free gift with purchase in Taipei, and was interested to try the new Moistfull Collagen since I tried a set 2 years ago! ^ ^
 
What Does It Do?
"The small particles of the super collagen water and Baobab water  in the Moistfull Collagen skin kit endlessly provide moisture and leave your skin feeling bouncy like jelly."(1)
Ampoule Essence
" Etude House Moistfull Super Collagen Ampoule Essence contains 90% Super Collagen (hydrolyzed collagen) of gel texture, providing firm and smooth skin. Its moisturizing collagen concentrate will quickly absorb into the skin and hydrate from the inside out. Comes with a sample sized collagen cream, and smile patches for fine lines or can be used for under the eyes.  
How to apply: Dispense a certain amount and massage gently onto face, gently dabbing remaining contents for maximum absorption. Apply during the first step of skin care and after lotion in the morning and night. When sufficiently applied before mask sheet, special care possible with maximum effect."(1)
I don't like this Ampoule Essence. It makes my skin rash up which is so odd and gross, and why I won't show a photo of how it looks on my facial skin. The Ampoule Essence has a thin texture, and is clear in colour. It smells faintly of citrus and is easy to spread across the skin and absorbs quickly. It did make my skin feel pretty nice the week I used it until it made it rashy, so that's a no go for me!
 

Eye Concentrate
"Etude House Moistfull Super Collagen Eye Concentrate is an eye cream that provides care to 360 degrees of the eye area! It helps to smooth the wrinkles, and delicate skin around the eye area with its gentle and smooth texture. Created with baobab seed oil formula which is an antioxidant, and an anti-inflammatory ingredient that helps soothe the skin.

How to apply: Apply before cream in the morning and night. Apply frequently whenever skin needs care throughout the day."(2)

This eye cream has a thick texture and is white in colour, though it does blend out transparent.  I'd love to say that this eye cream made a difference to my under eye area, but it literally made no difference whatsoever.


Cream
"Etude House Moistfull Super Collagen Cream is a hydrating, and moisturizing cream that contains 63% Super Collagen (hydrolyzed collagen). It spreads gently, and smoothly onto the skin without irritation. Intense night time moisturizer helps with skin elasticity, while lifting and firming the skin.

How to apply: At the last step of skin care, (with enclosed spatula) pick up a certain amount and apply from inner to outer areas of face, gently massaging to absorb into skin."(3)

This cream is super thick in texture but still spreads out easily. I find it quite heavy on the skin, and it definitely is more suited for night time use than day time! But at the same time I don't see much difference in my skin in terms of actual hydration in the morning in comparison to other sleeping packs or moisturiser.
Would I Purchase These Products?
No. I still didn't like the updated version of these products, the Ampoule Essence gives me a rash and the other two just don't really do that much for my skin at all. These also seem to either be sold out, or discontinued which is odd since the original line is still around! Either way, I didn't think these were nearly good enough for me to purchase full size.

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. "I'd love to say that this eye cream made a difference to my under eye area, but it literally made no difference whatsoever." This made me chuckle out loud. :) This is how I feel about pretty much every eye cream I have ever used - except for the couple that actually made the area worse. I am still not convinced eye creams are for anything other than prevention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad I could give you a giggle! ^ ^ The only results I get to see sometimes are plumping results, but it's only really hydrating creams that do that anyway.

      Delete
  2. I use the regular Moistfull Collagen line, but only certain parts of it. I have the toner, serum, lotion, eye cream, and night pack. I don't really notice any "collagen-like" benefits to my skin, except for the fact that the night pack REALLY makes my skin feel super soft when I rinse it off. <3

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...