Wednesday 1 June 2016

Review: Innisfree Longwear Cushion in 11 Ivory

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Innisfree Longwear Cushion in 11 Ivory! I picked this up during Innisfree's half price cushion sale since they are discontinuing the current cases and replacing them with much cuter cases, I'm not going to complain about a half price product if it's just the case that's being discontinued, if I like the actual product I will just purchase the new one!
"A long-wear cushion formulated to keep the skin smooth and bright for a long time. This foundation reduces the appearance of pores, discolorations, and imperfections and ensures a perfectly flawless complexion every time.

- The Long-wear Complex containing Jeju volcanic powder delivers flawless coverage with this long-wearing effect.

- Whether oily, dry or combination, "Sebum control" Jeju volcanic powder will intuitively adjust to meet and address your skin concerns for makeup that wears better, longer, and truer.

- Enhances the soft and smooth complexion with the effect of reducing the appearance of pores, discolorations, and imperfections.
How to use

Use puff to evenly smooth over face in the stage of foundation and gently pat to finish. Reapply by gently patting whenever desired.


WATER, ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, TRISILOXANE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, NIACINAMIDE, LAURYL PEG-8 DIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LECITHIN, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, MANNITOL, MINERAL SALTS, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM BERGAMIA (BERGAMOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, BORON NITRIDE, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, STEARIC ACID, SILICA, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) POWDER, ADENOSINE, ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT EXTRACT, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ISOSTEARIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, CITRUS PARADISI (GRAPEFRUIT) FRUIT EXTRACT, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CITRUS TANGERINA (TANGERINE) EXTRACT, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYRICINOLEATE, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, PROPANEDIOL, VOLCANIC ASH, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), FRAGRANCE"(1)
This cushion comes in a recyclable box as is usual with Innisfree products, and has a load of information on the back. The cushion case is almost disappointingly ordinary, and mine is slightly rattly and not screwed down properly either. If Innisfree hadn't already created new packaging for their cushions I would cover this in glitter and gems because it really is quite boring.
On the inside, it comes with the usual big mirror for applications on the go, a soft cushion puff and a hygiene sticker.
I actually quite like this puff, though I do find that it absorbs a lot of the product and makes it slightly harder to distribute. It's not awful and plasticy, it almost feels like it needs to be broken in before it becomes fantastic!
The cushion itself is pretty normal, if you are new to cushion foundations, it is basically a liquid foundation or BB Cream held within a sponge. This makes it easy to get the optimal amount of product without wasting it by pumping too much on your hand, and is really easy to touch up on the go since the case contains a big mirror, the product and an applicator.
I purchased the shade 11 Ivory! This is the lightest shade Innisfree has made in their cushion compacts, and it is fairly pale and very yellow toned - perfect for my skin! ^ ^
This colour is a really good match for my skin tone, and I am actually really surprised with how much I like it. It works well with all of the primers that I tried it with, it's easy to apply with the included sponge or a Beauty Blender and it looks like naturally perfect skin.
I really love the way this foundation makes my skin look, the redness disappears but you can still see my freckles and a couple of my darker scars. It still looks like my skin, just a smoother, hydrated and more even looking skin!
After 6 hours the cushion is still looking pretty perfect. The long wear claim really lives up to it's expectations for this product, and I've worn it for over 10 hours and only looked slightly shiny through the nose area. Also, I wore my glasses for the entire 6 hours I wore this foundation, and you can only see tiny marks where the glasses sit. The product didn't wear off anywhere on my face.
My skin still looks as matte as it did to start with. Huge thumbs up from my slightly oily skin!

What I Love
- Inexpensive
- Easy to use and great for on the go
- Perfect shade for pale, warm toned Princesses
- Easy to apply, works well with most primers
- Gives me naturally perfect looking skin
- Lasts really well on my slightly oily skin 


What I Don't Love
- Cushion case is a little cheap feeling, although they have just bought out new ones to replace these


Final Thoughts
I absolutely love this cushion! I will definitely repurchase the newer version since I think the cushion cases are a lot cuter, and I'm hoping they will feel sturdier since the current ones feel quite cheap and rattly. I absolutely adore the shade 11, it's pretty perfect for me skin since it is very pale and yellow toned, and the formula works really well for my skin. It lasts really nicely on my skin all day, and is really easy to apply. This gets a huge thumbs up for me, and I'm slightly annoyed at myself for waiting so long to purchase it in the first place!

I would definitely recommend this cushion for any Princesses looking for a natural looking foundation that lasts perfectly all day, and the shade 11 for any pale, yellow toned Princesses that already suit shades like NARS Siberia or MAC NC10.

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. thank you so much for your review <3 It really looks so natural and you are so pretty *_*
    I am so in love with your blog >w<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm so glad you gave this cushion a try! The Long-Wear Cushion + Missha Sun Milk in the pink bottle is a HG combination for me. So much so that I bought like 4 refills of the cushion and 4 bottles of the sunscreen... XD

    The sunscreen is quite moisturizing and provides the glow underneath the foundation which might work out for you too! Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! The pink Missha Sun Milk is one of my HG as well, snap! :D I'm currently seeing new sunscreens, but when I get the old faithful back in stock I'll give the combination a go, thank you for the recommendation! ^ ^

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought mine straight from the Innisfree site (:

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...