Wednesday 20 July 2016

Review: ELF Eyebrow Kit

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the ELF Eyebrow Kit! I have almost used the entire gel pan on this brow kit, so thought this would be the perfect time to talk about it!
"Create brows that are fuller, thicker, and more defined! The pigmented wax defines and shapes brows and the color complementing setting powder keeps them looking arched and perfected. The doubled sided taklon brush has one side to help arch your brows while the other side aids in filling them in. This duo provides lasting color definition for a naturally beautiful look."(1)
This eyebrow kit has very plain packaging, but this is part of the low price point. It's very functional, it has a small mirror and a little double ended brush.
I have the Medium shade! This was the only one I was able to get and since I only wanted the gel and not the powder, it made very little difference what colour I bought.
There is a pan of gel, and a pan of powder. The powder is the wrong colour, and I don't particularly like it since I find it a little too powdery. But I really like the gel!
This gel is not intensely coloured, but still shows up in my brows anyway. It has a waxy texture which works well to hold my brows gently in place, but doesn't feel too stick and doesn't set too hard. 
I can use this brow gel by itself like I did in the above photo, or with another powder as I did in the below photo. I get a very similar result by using the gel, or the gel and a powder, but I find that the combination of the gel and powder works best for my left brow as I have a chicken pox scar right in the arch.

What I Love
- Super cheap at $3USD
- Easy to use
- Convenient with a mirror and brush included


What I Don't Love
- I dislike the powder pan


Final Thoughts
This is the perfect product to make my brows look a little more tamed in a couple of seconds, but I wish they made the gel separately since I don't like the powder. The powder does not look natural on my brows (even if it was the right colour!) but the gel is absolutely fantastic. I probably wouldn't purchase this again because it is wasteful to only use half of the actual product, but if I was financially in a position where I couldn't afford to purchase a separate brow product, this would be a great product to just run out, grab and go.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...