Monday 22 August 2016

Fail or Holy Grail: Above Average Products

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about some Above Average Products! Instead of talking about a Holy Grail Product today I'm going to talk about some products that are definitely above average, but too boring to write a full review on. Thrilling!
Holika Holika Seed Blossom Moisture Cleansing Oil
This Cleansing Oil is actually a favourite of mine, it's just quite boring. It's a product that I use every night either to remove my make up or to just remove my sunscreen. It smells nice, doesn't hurt my eyes or dry out my skin, but it's not very interesting. I would purchase it again though, I believe there are a couple of different types to try too!


The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye and Lip Make-Up Remover 
I use this product every time I want to remove my mascara! I'm currently using a Dolly Wink Volume Mascara and it is proving impossible to remove with anything but this make up remover. Though to be fair, I haven't tried anything other than the above cleansing oil or water so that's not to say it can't be removed with anything else. However, I really quite like this one, unlike the other make up remover The Body Shop produces that smells like yeast, which is definitely below average. This is above average.


Etude House Nail Remover
This is another favourite of mine, but another boring product. It removes my polish quickly, it doesn't dry out my fingers and nails, and it smells like peaches. Did I mention it's $1 from Roseroseshop? Yeah, it's $1, definitely well above average!


LUSH Popcorn Lip Scrub
This lip scrub is a favourite amongst most people and it is a product that I definitely like. It scrubs my lips well, but it doesn't always get all the flakes off my lips. It works, it tastes delicious, it lasts for about a million years, but it's not absolutely amazing.


 The Body Shop Ultra Gentle Wash Cloth
This wash cloth is actually a Holy Grail for me, but I don't think I can talk about a wash cloth for 3 minutes, and I don't think anyone would read a review on it. I have been using these wash clothes for about 3 years now and each cloth generally lasts me about 3 months. These are fantastically gentle on my skin and replacing them often keeps them quite hygienic too. There is nothing I dislike about these cloths!


Banila Co Ruby Cell Puff
These puffs are a more recent purchase of mine, but I'm really liking them! I love using cushion puffs, but they usually come with a cushion and don't last that long. These puffs come in a pack of 5 and I bought them mostly for convenience. They're great quality, and inexpensive. Definitely above average!


 Creer Beaute Sailor Moon Miracle Romance Eye Liner
This is a little bit of an interesting product, the packaging is of course gorgeous, and the colour of the liner is amazing, but it's really quite hard and scratchy, not a great trait for a eye liner. I consider it above average since I adore the colour, but I do have to waste quite a lot of it by warming it up on my hand so I don't hurt my delicate eye area.


This is it for my Above Average Products, I'll be back to my usual Fail or Holy Grail items next month! ^ ^

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. You could blast the hairdryer on your pencil for a few seconds to soften it up. I often do that with my eyebrow pencil which is quite hard and waxy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this post. Thank you for the recommendations!
    I also have the Lush lip scrub and think it's just above average too. It works but it didn't live up to the hype for me.

    Belle in Black and White

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can also use the flame from a lighter very quickly on the wax part of the liner to warm it up :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...