Friday 26 August 2016

First Impression: DiorSkin Forever Foundation in 010 Ivory

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the DiorSkin Forever Foundation in the shade 010 Ivory! I have always wanted to try some luxury brand foundations, so I popped by my local Dior counter and asked then to match me to the palest, warm toned foundation that was in stock.

What Does It Do?
"Everlasting 16-hour* perfection from morning to night. A luminous matte finish, flawless correction and exceptional comfort, in all conditions. Day after day, the skin’s texture is refined by the new formula enriched with the Poreless Effect skincare essence. 

Make-up Finish
Longwear 16H*
Luminous matte finish
Skin-perfecting
 
Application tips: Apply with fingertips in light touches on a clean and moisturized face. Can also be applied with the new fluid foundation sponge applicator. Egg-shaped with a beveled side, its high-density, soft-touch material deposits just the right amount of product, allowing for precision application and perfectly even coverage.
  Shades
The Diorskin Forever fluid foundation is available in 12 shades that offer every skin tone, from the fairest to the darkest, a tailor-made result."(1)
Ok. This is the palest foundation they had in stock at that counter in New Zealand. Say whaat!? This is not a great colour for me personally, I definitely prefer my foundations to be much paler but also yellow in tone, whereas this looks fairly orange on my skin.
I actually really like the way this foundation makes my skin look, which is actually fairly annoying since it's the wrong colour and tone for my skin. It has a really lovely demi matte finish that makes my skin look healthy and glowing, and it has decent medium coverage.
I do not agree with the claims that it is a 16 hour long wear foundation as I found this one broke down really badly after 6 hours. There isn't any oil control at all for me, so the oil from my skin did start to split the foundation (not a pretty sight).
I mean, look how shiny that face is, it looks oily rather than dewy which is not cute.

Would I Purchase This Product?
No. Even if this did come in a shade that fit my skin tone well, this foundation has virtually no oil control which makes it very difficult to keep it on my face for any length of time. It has a really pretty finish initially, but it really doesn't last well for me, so this is not something I would spend my money on.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...