Wednesday 26 October 2016

Review: LUSH Emotional Brilliance Translucent Face Powder

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be the LUSH Emotional Brilliance Translucent Face Powder! I've had this face powder for a little while now and I never really reach for it, so I thought it must be time to review it!
"An ultra-fine translucent face powder with jojoba oil for a flawless finish to set make-up or even tone on bare skin. This light-reflecting powder with a pink undertone creates a matte finish. You don't have to sacrifice moisture to be shine-free; we've used lots of softening jojoba oil to nourish the skin and protect it from the elements. Brush lightly and evenly across the face in outward strokes."(1)
This translucent face powder comes packaged in a small jar with no sifter. This is frustrating for a couple of reasons, the jar is too small to dip a face brush in, the lid is too small to distribute the  powder on my brush, and the formula of the powder is a little lumpy so it would be quite helpful if it had a sifter.
The powder isn't actually translucent as the packaging says, it has a faint pale pink tint (like the description states) which makes it look a little funny on my skin which is yellow toned. It does change the colour of my foundation ever so slightly. It also smells funny, it's not something I can name, but it's not a pleasant smell.
 I found it quite difficult to set my foundation using this powder as it was very difficult to evenly distribute the powder across my brush. This did result in some patches on my skin being over powdered, and some that weren't set at all.
In the below photo I applied the LUSH Emotional Brilliance Powder to the photo left side of my face. It doesn't blur my pores or make my skin look smooth, but it doesn't really claim to. After 6 hours the powder looks substantially oilier than the other side.
This face powder has little to no oil control, so would not be suitable for any Princesses that have oily skin.
I definitely see a difference in skin texture between the LUSH powdered side and the other side!
What I Love
- Cruelty free
- Would be good for drier skin


What I Don't Love
- Frustrating packaging
- Pink tint changes the colour of my foundation slightly
- No oil control
- Smells awful


Final Thoughts
This is definitely not the powder for me, but if you have dry skin and only want to use cruelty free make up it's not a bad choice. I think if you de-potted it into a larger jar it would work so much better, since one of the main flaws for me is that it's just so hard to apply nicely when you can't dip and swirl your brush around the teeny tiny lid. It also didn't control my slightly oily skin, so it's just not the right powder for me!

I would recommend the LUSH Emotional Brilliance Translucent Face Powder to any Princesses with dry skin that only want to use Cruelty Free make up and have another jar to put this in because the packaging is really quite awful. 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...