Friday 18 November 2016

First Impression: Chica Y Chico Skincare

Hello Princesses!

 Today I'm going to be talking about some little skincare samples from Chica Y Chico! I've never come across this brand before, so was, of course, very interested to try these!

What Does It Do?
Betasalic 2.0
"This miracle cream gives ultimate nourishment and care for your skin which leads to smoother and softer skin. This provides a special kind of mild exfoliating process which carefully gets rid of dead skin cells without making the skin’s layer thinner. Its key component, Betaine Salicylate, helps get rid of acne, exfoliates, clears blackheads and hydrates the skin just overnight.

How to use:

Use this cream at night. After washing and toning, apply this cream onto your face, avoiding the eyes and lips."(1)
This cream has a thin almost gel like texture which is a little difficult to spread evenly on the skin. It also smells very unpleasant.
I applied this cream on my face after using a PH adjusting toner, and let it actively sit for about 15minutes. During that time my skin felt super dry and uncomfortably tight.
I didn't feel or see any difference in my skin after using this for a week. I didn't find that this product exfoliated, or hydrated my skin.

Tota-S 3.0
"End your fight with acne right now with Chica y Chico's Tota-S 3.0 cream. If you're in dire need of an acne care product, this cream should be in your skincare stash. This cream is dermatologically tested and proven effective in treating active acne while also minimizing possibilities of red, acne scars. This cream features Totarol as its key ingredient. Totarol is a native tree in New Zealand that has exceptional antioxidants 3x stronger than vitamin E. This effectively protects and soothes irritated skin while also healing active pimples.
 

How to use
After cleansing and toning, squeeze out an appropriate amount and apply directly on troubled area."(2)
This isn't a product that I need since I am still taking acne medication and don't get pimples, so it was quite hard for me to test this one out! This product has a yellow colour that isn't apparent on the skin and a thick gel texture. It smells quite strongly, and I don't like it.
I didn't have any acne to try this sample on, but I did have a couple of irritated spots from playing flute (I don't know why this happens). I didn't find that this cream had any effect on my skin, though I don't have the ideal skin to try out this product.
Asta-Z 4.0
"Acne marks, blemishes, sun spots and other visible marks caused by skin damage can truly be a difficult dilemma to deal with. With Chica y Chico’s special spot care repair cream, Asta-Z 4.0, getting rid of these marks won’t take too much hassle for you. This cream protects, heals and restores damaged cells to be able to help regenerate healthier skin. This brightens up dark spots to perfectly even out skin tone. This contains NO harsh chemicals which makes it safe for sensitive skin.
 

How to use
After washing and toning, squeeze a pea-sized amount of the cream and apply directly onto troubled areas."(3)

This cream has a thin creamy texture and is kind of a cream colour. It's exactly the colour that I imagine most creams to look like. It didn't really have much of a scent and was easy to apply.
This cream is supposed to lighten up dark spots, so I trialled it one one of my prominent acne scars over one week. In real life I see no difference, but in the comparison photos I can see a slight difference between the before (left photo) and the after (right photo).
Would I Purchase These Products?
No. All three of these skincare samples were quite underwhelming for me and didn't really do much for my skin. I did read some reviews that had similar results to me even when using the full size products, so I think I will pass on the Chica Y Chico Skincare at this point.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love the 2.0 cream. It takes a bit to see results but I noticed a major change in the texture of my skin. It was a lot smoother, and I didn't have my usual blackhead problems in my nose and chin. I just don't like that it can be irritating if you're not careful with it, and you absolutely must wear a sunscreen since it will make your skin more sensitive to the sun.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...