Tuesday 13 December 2016

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Holika Holika Baby Silky Foot One Shot Peeling

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Holika Holika Baby Silky Foot One Shot Peeling! This peel was recommended by the lovely people at RAsianBeauty since I found the TonyMoly Peel to be so lackluster. I'm so happy to say that this peel is a Holy Grail rather than a Fail!

This post contains a lot of photos of feet as well as photos of feet in the middle of peeling. If you don't want to look at peeling feet or feet in general please don't read or watch this review for the obvious reason that I show my feet to show the progress the peel makes, not to gross people out. We all have feet, mine aren't that gross I promise! ^ ^
"Seven day miracle!   A simple one-step foot peeling pack for smoothening dead skin cells on coarse and chapped feet.
- No more rough and hard skin on your feet!   It's a convenient peeling sheet that peels off the thickened and dead skin on your heels
- Contains 16 kinds of plants extracts and AHA which  make your feet smooth like baby's feet.


DIRECTIONS:
  1. Wear the Socks on both feet.
  2. Put each liquid of the pouch into each Socks
  3. Take Off the socks after one and half hours
  4. Wash feet gently with water
INGREDIENTS: Water, Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Arginine, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Urea, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract"(1)
This peel comes housed in the standard cute foot shaped pouches so that you use the correct amount of product on each foot, and little foot baggies!
The foot baggies are quite nice, I found them easy to put on and tie up. However they are virtually impossible to photograph on a white background, so I suggest watching the youtube video to see how I use them!
I pre-soaked my feet in some warm water, wore the little bags of acid for an hour and a half with socks on for maximum absorption and then rinsed the solution off. Below are the foot progress photos! Be warned!
I started to see some peeling on Day three, though it was very mild. Day 4 through to 6 my feet peeled quite a lot, though I peeled a lot of it off after my morning shower.
I found that it was also quite effective to just massage a lot of the thinner dead skin off in the shower since it didn't peel very well when it was dry due to it being a little too thin to peel off in sheets. This worked particularly well around my toes and the tops of my feet.
However I found that my heels peeled best when dry due to the skin being substantially thicker. This was very satisfying.
I also tested this on my younger sister for quality control. She experienced peeling too, though not as much as my feet. This is potentially because I work on my feet in sandals whereas she works sitting down in closed shoes.
My feet did peel lightly for a couple of days after the initial week, I found it really helpful to use an exfoliating glove to get the little flakes off the tops of my feet.


What I Love
- Easy to use
- Very inexpensive
- Peeled my feet nicely  


What I Don't Love
- Nothing


Final Thoughts
This products sole (hah, puns) purpose is to peel the dead skin off my feet, and that is exactly what it did! It was fun and easy to use, it's really inexpensive at about $7USD and it peeled my feet in a disgustingly amazing way! It did make my feet feel softer than before, but not in a weird squishy new skin way which I actually quite like because your feet are hardier than other parts of your skin for a reason, and since I walk around barefoot quite often I don't want them to be vulnerable to damage. I enjoyed using this peel and would definitely buy it again for summer next year!

I would recommend the Holika Holika Baby Silky Foot One Shot Peeling to any Princesses looking to clean up their feet for summer sandals!

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. The peeling of skin looks a little scary... but the results seem to be really good!
    Love,
    Neha
    Let's Talk About Everything
    Latest Post: Zaful Stripes in Pattaya

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...