Tuesday 28 March 2017

East VS West Review: Benefit Porefessional VS Innifree No Sebum Blur Primer

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be comparing Benefit Porefessional to the Innisfree No Sebum Blur Primer! I used to love using the Benefit Porefessional, but I haven't used it in so long, I think I just forgot about it really because I find it quite hard to get silicone based primers to work well with a lot of foundations as they don't really mix well with water based foundations.
Packaging
Both primers have very similar packaging, however the Benefit contains 22ml whereas the Innisfree contains 25g.
 Ingredients
Benefit
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, SILICA, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISODODECANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), LIMONENE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, BHT.


Innisfree
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, SILICA, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, MICA (CI 77019), DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), MINERAL SALTS, MENTHA ARVENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), WATER, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PROPANEDIOL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, FRAGRANCE, Phenoxyethanol

Both products have very similar ingredients and contain a few silicone based ingredients. They also look the same on my hand, they both have a yellowish beige colour and they have the same silky silicone texture when spread out.
 Performance
I applied each primer to one side of my face. I have larger pores on my cheeks, and I found that both primers filled the pores and smoothed my skin nicely.
Here is what my skin looks like up close. I find that when I apply a foundation over the top of these primers the Benefit side definitely does look smoother in comparison to the Innisfree side.
However after an 8 hour day I find that the benefit primer doesn't last quite as long as the Innisfree.
I personally find that the benefit primer messes with a lot of my foundations and it makes break down really badly throughout the day. In comparison the Innisfree side looks just like it did when I applied it.
Price Comparison
Benefit, 22ml - $57NZD
$2.59 p/g

Innisfree, 25ml - $10.50NZD
$0.42 p/g

Benefit
- Smooths out pores and mattifies skin
- Makes my foundation appear smoother
- Makes my foundation break down throughout the day
- Pretty expensive at $57NZD


Innisfree
- Smooths out pores and mattifies skin
- Doesn't change foundation smoothness
- Doesn't effect the longevity of my foundation
- Pretty inexpensive at $10.50NZD

Final Thoughts
This is a tough one because although they are very very similar products, at the end of the day they work a little differently. I think that the Benefit Porefessional is a good choice if you are looking to smooth out pores underneath make up, but are either going to use a silicone based foundation (like the Benefit Oxygen one) or don't are only using it for a short amount of time and don't mind the foundation breaking down at the end of the day. I think the Innisfree is a good choice if you're looking for a little bit of pore smoothing, but nothing too extreme, and a product that works well with most foundations. I don't prime my skin very much these days unless I really really need to to make the foundation work, so I think I'm going to just use the Innisfree to blur my pores on days when I don't want to wear make up because it does make my skin look beautifully smooth and matte!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...