Tuesday 14 March 2017

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Skinfood Sugar Cookie Blush

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Skinfood Sugar Cookie Blush! I picked up 5 out of the 6 shades recently, and it seems that the 5th shade which is Bebe Pale Pink is discontinued. As soon as I swatched these blushes I knew that they were a complete fail for me, they are as hard as rocks and there is absolutely now powder when you try to use them which means no colour.
"This specially oven-baked blusher with cute and lovely colors infused with pearl creates radiant, lustrous, and vibrant-looking cheeks."(1)
These blushes have super cute packaging, the bottom is some sort of cardboard like substance, and they have a clear plastic lid so you can see the colour easily. They also stack together really well. The colour range is really nice, though I am missing one of the pink shades. However, these blushes are as hard as rocks. It's impossible to get any colour off them with fingers or brushes aside from the Winter Cherry shade.
Here is what they look like when swatched. Seriously. Check out the video for extra proof and never purchase these. I can see Winter Cherry very faintly, but for the other shades there is literally no colour payoff. These are the worst blushes I have ever tried. I don't have photos of these on my cheeks because there was absolutely no colour to show and I don't want to drag this brand or these products.
What I Love
- Cute packaging


What I Don't Love
- Hard as rock
- Zero colour payoff


Final Thoughts
Of course I can scratch off the top layer of the blush to make the product more powdery, but in all honesty, I shouldn't have to waste the product by scratching off layers to use it, it should just work as it is. I've read so many reviews on this product after writing this review and they're all the same, the product just don't have any colour payoff unless you scrape off the top layer. Even though these are only about $5USD each, they're really not worth it and there are many other blushes that are the same price, and you don't have to scrape the top layer off to get any colour payoff.

I can't in good faith recommend these blushes to anyone.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe they're so difficult to use! It's such a shame since the shades are so cute.

    Belle in Black and White

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...