Tuesday 22 August 2017

Review: It's Skin Babyface Creamy Lip Liner

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the It's Skin Babyface Creamy Lip Liner! These lip liners were super duper cheap and came in pretty cute colour, so I decided to try them out!
Creamy texture makes vivid color and colorful lips. It contains vegetable wax to protect lips against dryness. Lip brush creates even gradation simply.
These lip liners have simple, but cute packaging.  The lip liners twist up so you don't need a sharpener, but the red shade did arrive slightly mushed into that cap. You can't leave these rolled up at all when you put the cap on because there is no extra room in the cap. On the other side of the pencil there is a really, truly terrible lip brush. The brushes start of looking quite tapered, but feel very stiff and unflexible. Once you break up the glue residue the brush then turns into lots of stiff bristles that don't blend well. I like to ignore this half of the lip liner.
There are four shades in the collection, a red, orange, and two pinks. Pure Red and Rose Beige have quite a nice creamy formula. However, Coral Peach and Angel pink are a lot drier. Angel Pink is the only shade that contains shimmer.
The colour range is quite pretty, I like that they included the classic red and pink colours, but the orange colour isn't one that I would use very much.
Pure Red
Pure Red is a classic blue toned red.
This shade has a lovely formula and since the colour quite classic, I get a lot of use out of it. I always pair lip liners with lipstick to get a flawless finish, and these lip liners help me to create a crisp line on my lips, especially around the cupids bow.
Coral Peach
Coral Peach is a pumpkin orange. I don't see this as being coral or peach! Perhaps a dark peach at a stretch.
This shade is quite pretty, but not something that I use often. I always gravitate towards pinks and reds rather than oranges. This lip liner has a drier formula, so it does tend to accentuate the flaws and flakes on my lips. However, since I always layer something over the top, it's not problematic.
Angel Pink
Angel Pink is a pretty baby pink with faint silver shimmer.
This is the colour I was looking forward to the most, but is actually the most disappointing. The formula has a little bit of shimmer throughout and is on the drier side, so it really accentuates the flaws in my lips. Again, lipstick goes over the top of this so it's not a big deal, but I wish the formulas were consistent.
Rose Beige
Rose Beige is a pretty rosy pink shade.
This is another really pretty shade! It also has that nice creamy formula too, so it looks really lovely on drier lips. These lip liners have pretty good lasting power too, though they will need touching up after eating and drinking.
What I Love
- Super inexpensive ($1.99 each at IBBI!)
- Cute, functional packaging
- Easy to apply and reapply
- Pretty colours
- Good longevity


What I Don't Love
- Lip brush is awful
- Room in the cap is limited (don't leave them rolled up)
- Not very much product (0.25g) (MAC pencil is 1.45g!!)


Final Thoughts
These lip pencils are super cute and come in really pretty colours. However even though they are only $1.99 there is a measly 0.25g of product so these will run out fairly quickly. I bought mine for $1.99 each at IBBI, though there are some stores selling them for $7-8 EACH which is insanely over priced for 0.25g of product. I quite like the colours that these come in even though I won't get any use out of the peach shade, and they do work well as lip liners. For $1.99, I think they're a pretty good buy if you're needing these colours!


I would recommend the It's Skin Babyface Creamy Lip Liner to any Princesses looking for inexpensive lip liners in classic colours.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...