Friday 22 December 2017

Review: Skinfood Rice Mask Wash Off

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Skinfood Rice Mask Wash Off! I bought this mask because I heard that it was a lot more gentle than the Black Sugar Wash Off mask that I had previously that was just way too harsh for my skin!
A mask wash off that features rice extracts to brighten and soften complexion.
This mask comes in a pretty plain tub, it has a screw top lid and comes with a cap to keep the product tidy while traveling. The mask itself is white in colour and has a thick chunky texture, it feels like it has chunks of rice throughout which are a little abrasive. This mask smells really nice too!
I apply a liberal amount of this mask to my skin and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. The instructions on the mask imply that you should massage the mask for 5-10 minutes but I wouldn't recommend that as it would be extremely exfoliating!
I find this mask a little difficult to wash off, I don't need a lot of exfoliation for my skin, but the rice chunks are difficult to get off so I tend to actually overexfoliate my skin when removing this unless I am actually in the shower and can just run water straight over my skin.
After this mask is washed off I can see a tiny bit of brightening for my skin, but it's not substantial. I don't feel any extra hydration personally and it does tend to overexfoliate my skin so my skin does sting slightly when I apply my other skincare products afterwards.
What I Love
- Inexpensive at around $5USD
- Easy to apply
- Smells lovely
- Slightly brightening


What I Don't Love
- A little difficult to wash off
- I often overexfoliate when using this mask


Final Thoughts
Again, this mask is actually loved by so many Princesses, but it's not a great product for me. I struggle to remove this mask easily, and because I have to almost massage it off I tend to overexfoliate my skin in the process which is damaging. I use a lot of chemical exfoliants, so I think that if I wasn't using so many chemical exfoliants this wouldn't be so exfoliating for me. It definitely does brighten my skin slightly, but the overexfoliaton is not worth it.

I would recommend the Skinfood Rice Mask Wash Off to any Princesses looking for a brightening wash off mask!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...